Saturday, August 15, 2009

Big Fail

Fees fines fos fum, I smell the greed of a librarian.

More library fees. I thought I could return a movie on time. Just once. But no.

What's worse? I overdrew not once, not twice, but three times on my checking account. It all happened in one day. They were three tiny purchases. I had forgotten that the automatic payment for something was that day and failed to transfer some $$ from my savings account to cover my tiny shopping trip (and here I was so proud that I'd saved $1.50 on something by doubling a coupon).

$96 in overdraft fees for those 3 purchases which, together, added up to less than $10.

Do you know how far that sets me back in saving for a set of these? Maybe I'll get them by Christmas of 2010...

...if I can start returning those library movies on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment